The past two years have been extremely busy for proptech investment in Australia.
At the Proptech Association Australia, we have identified 18 separate transactions. We were only able to source the values of nine of those 18 transactions but that alone represents at least $274m in investment since late 2019.
Much of this activity is established players purchasing scaling proptechs to expand or deepen their product set to enhance innovation and get closer to customers.
We also see a growing number of scaleups purchasing innovative startup technology to turbocharge their growth.
This demonstrates how the Australian proptech industry as a whole is moving out of startup mode and scaling up generally.
Below is a list of capital raise and merger and acquisition activity that we have seen at the Proptech Association.
- CoreLogic buys AIRE (undisclosed)
- $2m in funding for UbiPark
- HiPages bought into Bricks + Agent for $6.25m as part of $9m capital raise
- Domain purchased IDS property valuation platform for $159m
- MRI Software purchased Box+Dice CRM (undisclosed)
- Commbank invested $25m in :Different
- Hutly purchases VicForms in undisclosed multi-million deal from REIV
- Openn raises $9m in ASX listing
- REA investment in Campaign Agent and Realtair for $20m after Realtair merged with AuctionNow and Property Academy
- REA investment into Managed (undisclosed)
- Domain buying Real Time Agent for $35m
- Yabonza buying EasyShare (undisclosed)
- HomePrezzo purchased by ActivePipe (undisclosed)
- Multi million dollar capital raising for Hutly (undisclosed)
- Instarent raises $440,000 in a pre-series A round with Birchal
- Mirvac and Stockland bought into Bricklet (undisclosed)
- Ray White investment in NurtureCloud for $3m
- PropTech Group (VaultRE/MyDesktop) raised $10.6 on ASX
What did we miss? If you know of other capital raises or purchases that have occurred over the past 18 months or so, let us know and we will update the list.