In partnership with Hong Kong Proptech Association (HKPTA), this Australia-Hong Kong PropTech Virtual Bootcamp is designed to equip Australian PropTech startups with the knowledge and networks to scale their business into the Hong Kong market. The bootcamp is open to any Australian proptech vertical with a focus on construction, infrastructure, construction safety, metaverse, web3, blockchain and ESG focused solutions.
The entire bootcamp will be delivered online and free of charge. It will take place over multiple sessions from 26 April to 24 May 2023, with pre- and post- support available to participants. The Bootcamp will provide participants with an excellent opportunity to obtain feedback on your solution and 1-on-1 mentoring, from experienced experts and investors based in Hong Kong. The investors could provide invaluable contacts, knowledge, and resources, to help you succeed in the Hong Kong market. Please see the below the Program Overview, Selection Criteria and the attached Application Form.
- Group education sessions: key topics including business environment in Hong Kong, sector opportunities and hot tips delivered HKPTA.
- Pitch by the startup teams: 5 to 7 minutes each team, followed by open discussion, briefing of the program and Q&A. The group will pitch their ideas online to an audience of investors, mentors, corporate partners, media, and other critical stakeholders
- Introductions to business contacts across Hong Kong ecosystem: Attendees will have the opportunity to engage directly with the start-ups in scheduled virtual meetings to learn more about their solutions.
- 1:1 curated mentoring: The mentorsinclude:
- ALFONSO BALLESTEROS, Crossbow, Founder
- JAMES KWAN, Jumpstart Media, Executive Chairman
- WINNIE LEUNG, Transcend Capital Partners, General Partner
- JENNIFER WANG, Great Eagle Holdings Limited, Venture Capital Investment Associate
- FURUZONFAR ZEHNI, Fresco Capital, Partner
- RICHARD ZEN, FIT Investment Corporation, Director
- Demo Day: Here comes the start-up showcase Demo Day! The Demo Day will take place on 24 May 2023.The group will pitch their ideas online to an audience of investors, mentors, corporate partners, media, and other critical stakeholders in the Hong Kong tech ecosystem. Attendees will have the opportunity to engage directly with the start-ups in scheduled virtual meetings to learn more about their solutions to some of the most pressing challenges of our times.
- Proptech teams Pre-A to Series A (Series B is fine as well) with growing revenue (prefer at least US$250,000)
- Open to any proptech vertical with a preference for construction, infrastructure, construction safety, metaverse, web3, blockchain and ESG focused startups.
- Interest to scale into Asia or want to grow their Asian presence
- Ready to implement POC’s or have prior successful engagements with POC’s with property developers
- Open minded coachable founders
- Your organisation must be:
- a registered Australian business with an Australian Business Number
- seeking to conduct international business activities that:
- bring an economic benefit to the Australian economy. This includes exporting goods or services from Australia or foreign direct investment into Australia;
- enhance the reputation of Australia or Australian industries;
- committed to obeying the laws of Australia and foreign nations, including compliance with anti-bribery legislations; and
- export ready.
If you are an Australian company pioneering proptech technologies in the above areas, and you are interested in expanding your business into Hong Kong but don’t know how… this bootcamp is an excellent opportunity for you. Places are strictly limited and successful candidates will be notified in mid April 2023. Please fill in the attached Application Form and submit to email@example.com by Friday 31 March 2023.
For any inquiries, please contact Wilson Tang, Senior Business Development Manager, Austrade HK firstname.lastname@example.org